I’ve been on a recent “New Girl” kick on Netflix. The show follows the life of Jessica Day (Zooey Deschanel) and her friends/roommates Schmidt (Max Greenfield), Winston (Lamorne Morris), Nick (Jake Johnson), and Coach (Damon Wayans Jr.), and Cece (Hannah Simone).
I finally managed to catch up on the most recent season, and with no more episodes to watch, I went back to the basics on Netflix. Check out my favorite episodes below, and watch the show if you haven’t already!
18. “Keaton” S3E6 - “Jess hosts a Halloween party, and the gang tries to cheer up Schmidt by posing online as his childhood hero, actor Michael Keaton.”
17. “Par 5” S4E20 - “Jess tries to get new computers for the school by schmoozing with politicians at a charity event. Winston falls for an activist who dislikes police.”
16. “Re-Launch” S2E1 - “Schmidt throws a ‘rebranding’ party, where the newly unemployed Jess volunteers to be a shot girl alongside a jaded cocktail waitress.”
15. “Oregon” S4E16 - “Jess revisits her past when she and the gang attend a wedding in her Oregon hometown. Ryan is a no-show for the trip, and Cece runs into an old crush.”
14. “Quick Hardening Caulk” S2E19 - “After admitting how she feels about Nick, Jess learns that he may be hiding something. Elsewhere, Schmidt becomes preoccupied with buying a fish.”
13. “Virgins” S2E23 - “In a series of flashbacks, the gang shares stories about how each one lost his or her virginity.”
12. “Normal” S1E20 - “A nervous Jess invites Russell to spend the weekend at the loft, and her fears mount when he gets along better with the guys than she’d hoped.”
11. “Menzies” S2E7 - “Jess’s search for a new job gets intense. Meanwhile, her time of the month affects the guys, and Schmidt starts a relationship with his boss.”
10. “Bad in Bed” S1E8 - “When Jess decides to take her relationship with Paul to the next level, she asks the guys for sex advice.”
9. “Pepperwood” S2E14 - “Nick suspects that one of Jess’s night-school students is hiding something. Meanwhile, Winston and Cece have an embarrassing encounter.”
8. “Landline” S4E5 - “Just when Jess cracks down on dating among school staff, she gets the hots for a new teacher. The gang has a new home phone, and Nick plays secretary.”
7. “Cruise” S3E23 - “Jess and Nick invite everyone on a cruise that they had scheduled when they were still together, but Coach has a little problem with boats.”
6. “Walk of Shame” S4E18 - “Jess and Cece party all night, and Jess ends up spending the night with Bearclaw. Coach is embarrassed to introduce Nick and Winston to May.”
5. “Landlord” S1E12 - “Against Nick’s wishes, Jess makes it her mission to get the loft’s crabby landlord to like her, inadvertently jeopardizing their family situation.”
4. “Neighbors” S2E4 - “When a group of young neighbors moves in across the hall, Jess and Schmidt are determined to become friends with them.”
3. “Spiderhunt” S4E17 - “Schmidt’s fear of spiders forces everyone in the loft to hunt down an eight-legged visitor. Coach tries to compose an email asking May out on a date.”
2. “Bells” S1E7 - “Jess becomes jealous when Winston joins her handbell quartet and instantly steals the limelight with his natural talent.”
1. “Prince” S3E14 - “Jess and Cece are thrilled to be invited to a party at the home of music legend Prince, but of course the guys plan to crash the bash.”
What we're watching.